What is Teczine M?
Teczine M is a branded medicine available in the form of film coated oral tablets, which is generally prescribed for the treatment of indications such as allergic reactions, inflammation and asthma. This medicine is manufactured and marketed by Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited and is available in the packaging of 10 tablets per strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Teczine M available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Each coated tablet of Teczine M contains Montelukast Sodium 4 mg and Levocetirizine hydrochloride 2.5 mg.
How does it work ?
Montelukast Sodium an ingredient in this drug is prescribed for the treatment of asthma (including prevention of exercise induced asthma). It also act against seasonal and regular allergic conditions.
Levocetirizine hydrochloride is from antihistamine class of medicines, is useful in combating allergic conditions. To fight the symptoms of allergy it inhibits the actions of a naturally occurring substance in the body called histamine.
What are it’s uses ?
Teczine M is a general anti – allergic oral tablet. It is used in prevention, control and treatment of following diseases and conditions:
- Allergies in and around ears
- Allergic conditions and symptoms
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial allergic rhinitis
- Hay fever
- Dust or pet allergies
- Reddish itchy weals
- Swelling in the skin
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Chronic asthma
How effective is this medicine ?
This tablets are very effective in the treatment of all the diseases listed above, when taken in dosage and frequency as suggested by the Doctor.
What are the Side Effects ?
Some of the reported side effects of Teczine M are :
- Signs of flu like headache, sweating, fever, aches etc.
- Phases of nervousness and excitement
- Pain in belly
- Stuffiness in nose
- Breathing trouble
- Chest pain
- Pain in joints
- Inability to think clearly
- Dry mouth
- Feeling of exhaustion or tiredness
Stop using the medicine and seek emergency medical help or consult a doctor immediately if you see any of the adverse effects listed above.
What is the Dosage ?
The dosage of Teczine M varies with the patient’s age and the problem for which it is being administered. For example,for the treatment of Asthma the typically prescribed dosage for adults is 1 tablet per day at bedtime.
Please consult with doctor to know about the correct dosage for the speedy recovery of the patient.
What are the precautions I need to take ?
Inform your doctor if you are :
- pregnant or planning pregnancy or are breastfeeding
- a kidney patient
- an elderly person
- hypersensitive towards levocetirizine
- prone to fits
Here are some precautions you should take:
- This medicine should be taken only on doctors advice
- Do not take this medicine more frequently or more dosage than suggested by the Doctor
- In case of overdosage, seek emergency medical help or consult a doctor immediately
- avoid alcohol consumption with this tablet
- It is also advised not to take up tasks which need your total alertness , like driving or operating a machine etc.,
- Store this medicine away from heat and light
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
Teczine M is classified as Pregnancy category “B” by FDA, No risk in other studies: Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women OR Animal studies have shown an adverse effect, but adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in any trimester.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
Taking this medicine is possibly safe to use if you are breast feeding or planning to start breast feeding. Consult your Doctor or a healthcare expert before administering this medicine to lactating mothers.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
Yes, This medicine can be given to children and infants. Please consult a pediatrician before administering this medicine.
Is Teczine M available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
No, this tablet is not available as an over the counter or OTC product. It is a prescription drug. When being prescribed, please consult with the doctor regarding correct dosage, timing and duration of use of this medicine.
Frequently asked questions
The generic Levocetirizine present in this medication is reported to have sedative side effects and cause dizziness and drowsiness. It is advised to take this medicine after dinner before going to bed.
Refrain from driving any motor vehicle after taking this tablets.
What to do if I missed a dose of this tablet ?
You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. After that you can continue your normal time. Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps and diarrhea.