What is Tryptomer 25 mg?
Tryptomer 25 mg is an antidepressant to treat mood disorders ,migraine headaches, depression etc.This is brand of capsule is manufactured by Wockhardt Ltd available in 30 tablets in a strip.
- What is the generic name(s)?
- How does it work ?
- What are it’s uses ?
- How effective is this medicine ?
- What are the Side Effects ?
- Is this medicine addictive?
- What if I miss the dose of this medicine ?
- Can I drive after taking this medicine ?
- Can this medicine be taken on an empty stomach ?
- Can I take this medicine with alcohol ?
- What is the Dosage ?
- What are the precautions I need to take ?
- Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
- Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
- Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
- Is Tryptomer 25 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
- Frequently asked questions
What is the generic name (s)?
Tryptomer 25 mg consists of one active substituent given below
- Amitriptyline 25mg
How does it work ?
Amitriptyline works by blocking serotonin and norepinephrine re uptake by adrenergic nerves and maintaining serotonin and norepinephrine levels at nerve synapses thus helps in relieve anxiety and depression.
What are it’s uses ?
This tablets are used to
- stops or prevent migraine headaches,
- relieve depression,
How effective is this medicine ?
This medicine is a very powerful and effective medicine in treating in above discussed and helps in treatment certain diseases and against health indications discussed above.
What are the Side Effects ?
Tryptomer 25 mg can cause following side-effects:
Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, blurred eyesight or a change in thinking clearly, Dry mouth,Change in color of urine to blue or green
Common side effects are:
- apnea Seizures,
- cardiac dysrhythmias,Tachycardia,
- muscle stiffness,
- blurred vision,
- urinary retention,
- upset stomach Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Stomach ache
Contraindications:Acute recovery phase after MI,hypersensitivity to amitriptyline,MAO inhibitor therapy within 14 days.
Is Tryptomer 25 mg addictive?
Habit forming tendencies for this medicine has not been reported. Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction. Government also categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Finally, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without taking the advice of a doctor.
What if I miss the dose of Tryptomer 25 mg?
Can I drive after taking Tryptomer 25 mg?
It is not safe to drive after taking this medicine if you experience dizziness or headache as side effects. One should not drive a vehicle if using the medicine makes drowsy, dizzy or reduces your blood-pressure. Please check for these conditions on your body while using this medicine.
Can Tryptomer 25 mg be taken on an empty stomach ?
There is no specific evidences for the intake of this medicine on empty stomach. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you to use this medicine.
Can I take Tryptomer 25 mg with alcohol ?
This medicine should not be taken while having alcohol. It may intensifies drowsiness.It is better to consult your doctor before consumption of this medicine. Pharmacists also suggest not to take alcohol while using this medicine.
What is the Dosage of Tryptomer 25 mg?
Take as directed by your doctor.
The usual dose of this drug is one tablet per day or may vary on patience need and condition so take as directed by doctor/medical supervision
What are the precautions I need to take ?
You should take following precautions while administering this medicine:
Avoid alcohol intake and do not operate heavy machinery/vehicles can cause drowsiness/sleepiness
- patients with heart block, heart failure, impaired renal function, hepatic disorder, or severe aortic Stenosis
- Vitamin and mineral supplements can interact with certain other medications tell the doctor if you also on other medication like antibiotics,antacids,NSAIDs,diuretics etc.,
- Do not crush or chew the capsule/tablet
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- The packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
MEGAZOLID 200 MG/100ML INFUSION, LINOWIN 2MG INJECTION,MEZOLAM 7.5 MG INJECTION, TRAMAZAC HP 50 MG INJECTION,TRAMAZAC HP 50 MG INJECTION, MEDZOL 1MG INJECTION,PEPTIRAN 75 MG/5ML SYRUP, RANTAC 50MG/2ML INJECTION
Is it safe to take if I am pregnant ?
NO, this drug should not be taken if pregnant ,as this falls in pregnancy category C Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the fetus and there are no appropriate studies in pregnant women, but potential benefits may allow the use of the drug in pregnant women despite the potential for risks. This should be taken under doctor prescription .Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
Is it safe to take if I am breast feeding ?
There has been no established regarding this drug for lactating women.
If your breastfeeding or planning to start breast feeding, consult a doctor before using this medicine.
Can this medicine be given to children and infants ?
As the drug helps in treatment for depression,anxiety and CNS related problems this should taken only under the prescription of a medical advice. Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Is Tryptomer 25 available as an over the counter (OTC) product?
NO this not available as an over the counter or an OTC product this a prescription drug. consult the doctor before taking the medicine.
Frequently asked questions
can i take grapejuice with tryptomer 25?
NO you should not have grapejuice when you take this medicine.
What to do if took in case I took an overdose of this medicine ?
Do not take overdose of this drug taking more than prescribed dose may lead to adverse effects than quick healing.
Immediately rush to your doctor or nearest health care center for advice.
Symptoms of overdose include mild to severe vomiting, nausea, cramps and diarrhea.
What are the storage precautions for this medicine?
You should take following precautions for storing this tablets:
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
- If the expiry date on the pack is passed, ask a pharmacist about ways of discarding it.