Miraculous Homemade Bath Powder with Natural Ingredients for Skin Lightening
Commercial body wash and body cleansers rarely help with skin lightening, instead they dry out the skin most times. Using homemade bath powders with natural ingredients for skin lightening, not only helps your skin look brighter and flawless but also helps to maintain the skin’s health. Here are a few ways in which you can make bath powders using natural ingredients at home.
Orange Peel Powder
- 5-6 orange peels
- Dry the orange peels for 5-7 days by putting it in direct sunlight.
- Once the peels are hard and have lost all moisture, grind them in a mixer.
- Grind till your get orange peel powder. Store it in an airtight container (can be refrigerated and stored for 15-20 days).
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of this powder and mix with your bath water for each use or apply all over your body after mixing it with milk and keep on for 25 minutes, before washing it off.
You can use this powder on a daily basis. Orange peel powder is a natural bleaching agent and boosts skin’s health. It contains high amounts of vitamin C and A and antioxidants. Orange peel is a safe and natural exfoliant that remove dead cells and expose new cells to lighten your complexion.
Gram Flour, Green Moong bean Powder
- ½ cup gram flour (besan)
- ½ cup green moong bean
- Grind the green moong bean in a mixer to powder.
- Mix the gram flour powder with moong powder.
- Store in an airtight container can be stored for up to 10 days.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of this mixture for a bucket of water, or apply this powder by mixing it with 3 tablespoons of yoghurt and leave on for 20 minutes before taking a bath.
Green moong bean flour has vitamin A and C content which helps protect skin cells. It helps to lock in moisture and stimulate cell growth. When used as an exfoliator it helps in removing excessive hair and deep cleans the skin. The gram flour helps remove dead cells, brightens skin and has astringent properties.
Sandalwood Powder and Rice Powder
- 5-6 tablespoons of rice powder
- 3 tablespoons sandalwood powder
- 2-3 tablespoon sugar grains
- Mix the rice powder and sandalwood powder in a container.
- Add the sugar grains to this mixture and mix well.
- Use this powder mixed with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and apply it all over your body.
- Keep it on for 15-20 minutes, in the last 5 minutes of this duration rub the mixture in a circular motion over your body for exfoliation.
Use this bath powder 3-4 times a week for best results. This scrubbing powder exfoliates, re-mineralizes and purifies the skin. It leaves your skin smooth and soft. The rice powder and sugar grains deeply polish away the flaky and dead skin cells, leaving the skin refreshed. Coconut oil nourishes your skin and sandalwood powder helps to lighten skin tone and to correct uneven skin tone. Rice powder makes your skin firm and supple.
The powders help your skin feel refreshed and correct uneven skin tone. Most of the ingredients in the above-mentioned bath powder recipes help to brighten and lighten your skin. If you have any suggestions for making bath powders to lighten skin, let us know in the comments below!
Latest posts by Bhavya Varma (see all)
- Amazing Coffee Packs to Remove Dark Circles for Different Skin Types - December 6, 2018
- What You Need to Know about Managing Irregular Periods with Natural Home Remedies - December 5, 2018
- This Vinegar Will Make Your Skin Glowing and Your Hair Healthy - November 28, 2018