Mix lemon and coconut oil together this way to change grey hair back to its natural color
Grey hair can occur due to many factors which include smoking, high levels of pollution, stress, change in hormonal balance in the body, chemotherapy, malnutrition or even low levels of melanin in the body. A healthy and balanced diet should be maintained to prevent further greying of hair along with effective natural remedies.
Lemon juice and coconut oil can be used together to not only fight greying of hair but also helps to nourish the hair strands and the scalp.
Ingredients Required for Lemon and Coconut oil hair mask:
- About 50 ml of organic coconut oil or as much as required depending on the length of your hair
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
Preparation Process for Lemon and Coconut oil hair mask:
- Heat the organic coconut oil by pouring it in a bowl and placing it in a vessel containing hot water.
- Squeeze 3 teaspoons of juice from a freshly cut lemon.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir till the mixture cools down.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this oil till the oil reaches the hair roots.
- Leave it for about an hour or so.
- Rinse off the hair mask using a mild organic shampoo.
- Repeat the process once or twice in a week.
Benefits of Using Coconut oil and lemon juice:
- Coconut oil helps to nourish the hair and promotes the growth of your hair strands.
- Coconut oil helps to treat damaged hair and prevents greying of hair.
- It also helps to fight dandruff.
- Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B and phosphorus which prevents further premature greying of hair.
- Coconut oil is known to protect hair from heat and environmental damages such as pollution.
- Coconut oil massage helps to improve blood circulation and thus leads to increased hair growth.
- Lemon juice helps to prevent hair fall as its acidic nature tightens the hair follicles.
- Lemon juice and coconut oil have excellent antifungal properties which control the production of excess sebum.
- It helps to unclog the pores and cleanses the hair follicles. The mixture is also known to reactivate dormant follicles, thus improving hair growth.
Precautions for using coconut oil and lemon juice:
- It is best to use fresh lemon juice and virgin coconut oil instead of the store-bought products as the chemicals present in them can damage your hair.
- Lemon juice should be applied in small quantities as it is acidic in nature. It’s best to dilute it with water before using it so as to prevent irritation on your skin or scalp.
- Lemon juice shouldn’t be applied daily as it can remove natural oils from the hair.
- Heat coconut oil by pouring it in a bowl and placing the bowl in a container containing hot water. Avoid heating coconut oil in a microwave.
- For people with oily scalp, it’s best not to use too much coconut oil as your hair will become greasy and limp.
- For best results, leave your hair open after applying coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil on damp hair so as to enable the hair to retain moisture for a longer time.
Greying of hair leads to a loss of your natural hair colour thus making your hair look dull. The above remedy will not only prevent greying of hair but will also improve the health of your hair.
Loves it when life rhymes with love.
Always is in a great dilemma whether to accept his fear of missing out or to give in to his fear of being let down.
Latest posts by Divyanshu Abhineet (see all)
- This Coconut Oil and Lemon Mixture Can Help Gray Hair Return to Its Natural Color - February 27, 2019
- Make Dye to Color Your Hair Naturally Fast - February 21, 2019
- Scar Removal: Natural Remedies To Support Effective Cell Growth Minimize Scar Tissue And Create Healthy Skin. - February 21, 2019