My Anti-Aging Smoothie Recipes
In the human body, cells are constantly dying and being created too. This regeneration occurs at differing rates throughout the body and is most directly associated with the food the individual consumes. We are all aware of the aging that is visible outside, like wrinkled skin and lines on the face but much before the outwardly aging, the process of aging on the inside begins. Aging is when the body is unable to regenerate cells as efficiently as it once did. The following smoothie recipes contain ingredients that are loaded with anti-oxidants, healthy fats and nutrients rich in their ability to support the growth of strong and healthy cells. These antioxidants help fight the free radicals that cause premature aging while also keeping the energy levels high and maintaining that immune system.
Anti-aging smoothie recipes
Its benefits lie in reducing inflammation, detoxifying the body and enhancing the immune system.
- Coconut Milk – 1 Cup
- Diced Pineapple – ½ Cup
- Frozen Banana – 1
- Freshly Grated Turmeric – 1 Teaspoon
- Chia Seeds – 2 Teaspoons
- Coconut Oil – 1 Teaspoon
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend it till it becomes smooth.
- Water or more milk can be added if the mix is too thick.
This is rich in flavanols which is responsible for the healthy functioning of blood vessels with the help of which, the individual steers clear of issues related to high blood pressure, dementia, type 2 diabetes and kidney diseases.
- Banana – 1
- Cocoa Powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Silken Tofu – ½ Cup
- Soy Milk – ½ Cup
- Honey – 1 Tablespoon
- Slice the banana and place it in the freezer. Leave it there till they are firm.
- Blend the tofu, soy milk, honey and cocoa powder till it becomes smooth and then add the banana.
- Blend until it is smooth.
- More milk/water can be added if the smoothie is too thick.
Studies have confirmed that Vitamin C in berries helps in improving cell growth as well as regenerating other vitamins like Vitamin E in the body.
- Frozen blueberries – 1 Cup
- Frozen strawberries – 1 Cup
- Coconut Water – 1 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tablespoon
- Chia Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Mint Leaves – 1 Handful
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blitz it together until a smooth and thick liquid is formed.
- More coconut water or regular water can be added to make the drink thinner, as per preference.
This special green is very popular for providing more calcium to the body than most dairy products. It helps protect the tissues in the body from stress and thus, from wrinkles.
- Kale – 1 Bunch
- Ice – ½ Cup
- Orange – 1
- Lemon – 1
- Lime – 1
- Cucumber – 2
- Green Apple – 1
- Parsley – 1 Bunch
- Agave – 1 Tablespoon
- Peel the orange, lemon, lime and cucumber, chop the cucumber and core the green apple.
- Blend the orange, lemon, lime and cucumber.
- Add the apples, parsley and kale in, a little bit at a time and blitz it. This is so that all the ingredients get incorporated into the blend.
- Add the ice and agave and give it a final blending, till a smooth and chilled drink is prepared.
- This drink is recommended to be consumed immediately.
For all smoothies, the thickness can be altered as the user’s convenience. These types of smoothies do not have a recommended frequency of consumption because it needs to be incorporated into the diet on a daily basis, only then will the body begin to respond positively to the food sources.