NATURAL MASKS FOR CURLY HAIR
A large amount of heat damage can leave one’s curls looking rough, lifeless, and brittle. Each time you walk out of your house, being all dolled up, all of your efforts to achieve that perfect ‘glam look’ seem to go in vain, as you catch glimpses of your hair looking like a nest in the mirror/glasses of the car, or in a shop’s window. This doesn’t necessarily mean that one should be willing to splurge on expensive products and salon treatments, as a few natural ingredients from the kitchen would do the needful.
Greek Yogurt and Coconut Milk Deep Conditioner
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1/4th cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- Intermix all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl.
- Demarcate your hair into about 6-8 even sections to foster an easy application.
- Apply this conditioner to every section of your hair, ensuring that you’ve finely coated all of your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Roll your hair up into a messy bun and put a shower cap on top of it.
- Keep the conditioner in that state for about 45 minutes.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair, as you normally do.
About 3-4 times a week.
Eggs, Mayonnaise, and Olive Oil
- A bowl
- A tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- An egg
- Take a bowl and beat an egg into it.
- Put a tablespoon of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and amalgamate them well.
- Apply the mixture onto your hair and leave it unperturbed for around 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water.
Once a week.
Banana, Honey, and Almond Oil
- A ripe banana
- About 1/3rd cup of almond oil
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Crush the banana until there are no small chunks left over and add 2 teaspoons of honey and about 1/3rd cup of almond oil to it and mix well in order to procure a smooth paste.
- Apply the mixture that’s been formed all over your scalp and hair, and leave it in that state for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash off the mixture thoroughly with shampoo.
- Use a conditioner.
Once a week. (This remedy is especially recommended for extremely frizzy hair)
Strawberry Hair Mask
- 8 strawberries (mashed)
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Intermix the above-mentioned 2 ingredients carefully to form a creamy texture.
- Apply nicely onto wet hair.
- Leave the mask that’s been formed for about 15 minutes.
- Shampoo as you normally do.
- Rinse your hair.
Twice a week.
Pumpkin and Honey
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- A cup of pumpkin puree
- Take a cup of pumpkin puree and add around 1-2 tablespoons of honey to it, mix well.
- Apply the mask that’s been formed and massage it on your scalp and hair for a few minutes.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
Use this natural remedy once a week for damaged and dry hair, and once a month for normal to oily hair.