Okra: As Anti-Aging Moisturising Face Mask and Hair Gel
Apart from a regular ingredient in our food recipes, okra can also be very useful in preparing different skin and hair care products at the comfort of your home. Okras can be widely used in preparing anti-aging moisturising face mask and hair gel easily at our homes. Let us have a look at a few of them here…
Anti-Aging Face Mask
#1. Cooked Okra Face Mask
|Okra (cooked)||4 to 5|
|Normal water||1/4 cup|
- Firstly, take a few fresh okra pieces and cook them by boiling it in normal water.
- Then put about 3 to 4 tbsp of cooked okra into a small mixing bowl.
- Now use a spoon and blend the cooked okra pieces for a few minutes until it turns to a smooth paste.
- After that, clean your face thoroughly with normal water.
- Now start applying the blended okra paste all over your cleansed face in an even format.
- Leave the applied paste to be there on your face for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face with normal water.
- After that, pat your face dry with a clean towel.
- This mask also helps in hydrating and moisturizing your facial skin.
- Repeat using it once every day regularly.
#2. Okra And Greek Yogurt Face Mask
|Normal water||1 cup|
|Thick Greek yogurt||4 tsp|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 tsp|
- Firstly, take about 6 fresh okras and slice them horizontally using a knife.
- Then put those okra slices into a bowl filled with normal water.
- Now boil the bowl containing the okra mixture for about 10 minutes until the okra becomes very soft.
- After that, remove the bowl from the heat and strain the okra pieces. Do not discard the okra water as it can be used while preparing the okra hair gel.
- Now put the strained okra pieces into a clean blender.
- Then add the thick Greek yogurt and extra Virgin olive oil into the blender containing the okra pieces.
- Grind the okra mixture until it turns to a creamy paste.
- Now take a small amount of this okra mask and start applying it all over your face and neck using your fingertips.
- Avoid applying it on the sensitive regions like eyes.
- Then leave the mask to get dry for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face well with normal water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Put the remaining mask mixture in a clean mason jar and store it in the refrigerator for future use.
- Use it for about once per day regularly.
#3. Okra And Rose Water Face Mask
|Fresh okras||4 to 5|
|Rose Water||As per the requirement|
- Firstly, take some fresh okras and put them inside a clean blender.
- Then add rosewater into the blender based on the requirement.
- Now grind the okra pieces until it turns to a smooth thick paste.
- After that, pour the blended okra paste into a small bowl.
- Then use normal water and start washing your face and neck.
- Now pat it dry with a clean towel.
- After that, start applying the paste all over your face and neck using the fingertips.
- Then leave the paste on your face to get dry for a few minutes.
- Once the mask becomes dry, rinse your face thoroughly with cold water and pat it dry using a clean towel.
- Continue using the mask once per day regularly.
#1. Okra And Lavender Essential Oil Hair Gel
|Fresh okras||5 to 6|
|Normal Water||8 oz|
|Lavender essential oil||a few drops|
- Firstly, take about 5 to 6 fresh okras based on the length and thickness of your hair.
- Now slice the fresh okra pieces horizontally using a knife.
- Then take a pot filled with normal water and then put the sliced okra pieces into it.
- After that, boil the okra mixture kept in the pot for a few seconds and then reduce the heat to a low flame.
- Continue heating the mixture until the okra water turns to a gel-like mixture.
- Then switch off the burner and remove the pot from the heat.
- Now add lavender essential oil, mix well and leave the okra mixture to get cool down for some time.
- After that, strain the okra gel in a small mixing bowl leaving the okra pieces aside.
- Then shampoo your hair normally with your regular shampoo and then rinse with normal water.
- Squeeze the excess water present in your hair.
- Now take the obtained okra gel and start applying it all over your hair and scalp.
- Then use your fingertips and start massaging your hair and scalp with the applied gel for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that, allow the paste to be there on your hair for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with normal water and then pat it dry using a clean towel.
- Repeat using it for about 3 times per week regularly.
#2. Okra And Olive Oil Hair Gel
|Normal Water||1 & 1/2 cups|
|Olive oil or any other natural oil||a few drops|
|Vitamin E (preservative)||a few drops|
- Firstly, take some fresh okras and put them inside a clean pot filled with normal water.
- Then heat the pot containing the mixture for a few minutes until the consistency of the water becomes like gel.
- Once the okra gel is obtained, turn off the heat and remove the pot from the bowl.
- Wait for a few minutes until the gel reaches a warm temperature.
- Now use a strainer and strain the okra gel in a separate bowl leaving the okra pieces behind.
- Then start adding the olive oil or any other natural oil and vitamin E oil into the okra gel kept in the mixing bowl.
- After that shampoo your hair and start applying this gel on your hair and scalp.
- Leave it for a few minutes to become dry and then rinse your hair with normal water.
- Use it for about 3 to 4 times per week.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019
- Amazing DIY Beauty Tips With Lemons - October 30, 2019