Parsley Tea – Recipes, Benefits and Side Effects
Parsley tea is the health drink for today’s generation which you didn’t know you needed. Parsley is the herb which seems to have no taste of its own but is capable of making any dish exponentially delicious, and has more benefits for the body than you might think. This simple looking small leafy herb can be used in a lot of ways to improve your skin, fight acne and pimples, reduce weight and enhance the health of your body. The best aspect about this herb is that it is available in various forms. You can use the leaves fresh, you can use the root and stem of the plant, you can dry out the leaves and use them or you can also use the seeds of the plant to make parsley’s tea. Each of the components has a slightly different taste and functionality but each of them works toward making the skin and body healthy.
Making tea with parsley is very simple yet very effective. Here are a few interesting recipes to make your own parsley tea.
Recipes of Parsley Tea
- Parsley Leaves
- Boil a cup of water until it is simmering and starts boiling up.
- Once the bubbles start forming turn off the heat and bring the bowl down.
- Put a handful of parsley leaves in the hot water and let them steep for about 5-7 minutes. You can also chop the leaves. Use only the parsley leaves and small stems.
- Strain the liquid and remove the leaves from it and keep it aside in a small cup.
- Let the tea cool down for a bit and then drink it slowly sip by sip.
- Repeat this step every day before breakfast and dinner to make your blood clean and free of any toxins.
It might not be a tasty tea to drink but parsley tea has a number of benefits for our external as well as the internal body. It seeps in the bloodstream of our body and helps it in cleaning the blood flow of any impurities, toxins etc. Drinking this tea can prove really miraculous for your body in the long run.
Honey and Parsley
- Parsley Leaves
- Raw Organic Honey
- Boil half a cup of water until it is simmering and starts boiling up.
- Again add a handful of parsley leaves in the hot water and let it infuse in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the leaves from the cup and then add a tablespoon of raw organic honey in the tea to add some taste.
- Let the tea cool down till room temperature for a bit and then consume it little by little. Try to drink only a moderate amount of this tea.
- You can make this tea every day and drink every afternoon along with some healthy snacks to manage your weight.
Honey has anti-inflammatory and digestive properties which comes in handy if you want to control your weight from increasing too much. This is beneficial for people who don’t really want to go to the gym but still want to have a lean figure. Adding honey to this tea just increases the number of benefits this tea has.
- Parsley Seeds
- Take a couple of tablespoons of parsley seeds and crush them using the back of a spoon so that the seeds open up a bit.
- Boil a cup of water until it is scalding hot and boiling. Take the bowl away from the flame and then pour it over the crushed parsley seeds kept in a separate bowl.
- Allow the seeds to soak in the water for about 5 minutes. The taste of parsley seeds could be really bitter. So if you don’t want a really strong tea then steep the seeds for only 5 minutes.
- You can add some sweeteners in the tea if you want to enhance the taste, but this is absolutely optional and depends on your liking.
- Drink the tea two times a day when it is fresh and hot to get the best results.
This parsley tea is helpful in keeping a check on the pimples and acne that occur on your skin. It prevents the pores of our skin from enlarging up which in turn allows the dead skin cells, excess oil and other impurities from accumulating and causing acne. Regular consumption of this tea will improve the health of your skin and make it look a lot better.
Garlic and Parsley Tea
- Parsley Leaves
- Garlic Clove
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves and cut them into really small sizes or mash them into a pulp and keep it aside.
- Boil a cup of water for a while. Now, put the cut/mashed garlic cloves in it to soak up in the water until it starts simmering and bubbles start forming.
- Pour the hot water over a bowl containing about a handful of parsley leaves. Pour the garlic cloves as well over the leaves and then let them sit for around 10 minutes until the nutrients of the parsley and garlic gets infused in the water.
- Strain the garlic and parsley from the water to obtain just a liquid tea and drink it slowly while it’s still a little hot. You can add sugar or honey to the mix but it is advised not to do that for better benefits.
- Repeat the procedure two times a day if you can or at least once daily. This will help in weight loss.
The garlic cloves which were added to the tea gives a whole new dimension to the tea in terms of benefits possible for the body. Consuming this tea daily will improve your metabolism and help in digesting food faster and will also help the body in extracting all the vital nutrients it can from the food you eat.
Parsley and Green Tea
- Green Tea
- Parsley Leaves
- Boil a cup of water and add a green tea bag in it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Take the green tea away from heat and then pour it over another cup containing about a handful of parsley leaves and then let it steep for another 5 minutes.
- Use a fine mesh cloth or a strainer to remove the parsley leaves and the tea bag from the tea and then pour it in a teacup. You can also heat the tea if it becomes a little cold.
- Sip the tea little by little every afternoon for about a month or so to get the best results.
Everybody is familiar with the weight loss boosting properties of green tea. It is very easy to make and helps in shedding the extra fat of the body. Mixing it with parsley-tea which has a lot of antioxidants and antibacterial properties make the weight loss even more beneficial. It will help in reducing the water weight of the body in just about a couple of weeks allowing you to get a lean and fit body naturally.
Dried Parsley Leaves
- Dried Parsley Leaves
- Boil a cup of water and add a teaspoon of pepper in it. Mix the ingredients until the water boils for a while.
- Add a tablespoon of dried parsley leaves in the boiling water and mix them together to make a smooth hot brew of tea.
- You can add a tablespoon of castor sugar or a tablespoon of raw organic honey to add a little sweetness to the tea, but it is completely optional.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to allow the tea to cool down for a bit and then drink it slowly.
- Repeat this process two times a day every day to prevent acne and pimple breakout on your skin.
The anti-inflammatory properties of parsley and pepper tea prevent the pores of the facial skin from swelling up. Swollen pores are the main reasons for acne and pimples on the face and are also responsible for the redness of our skin. Drinking this tea regularly will not only prevent any breakouts on your skin but will also heal and treat the pimples already present in the skin.
- Parsley Root
- Cut the stems and root of about a handful of parsley leaves and wash them carefully under running water to remove any traces of dirt or dust trapped inside the roots.
- Further cut the stems and roots into medium-sized pieces and keep aside in a separate bowl.
- Boil a cup of water until it starts bubbling up and simmers continuously for a while. Lower the heat for a bit.
- Add the already cut roots and stems of the parsley plant in the boiling water and stir them continuously to make a clear green liquid. Boil this tea for a while again and then take it away from the heat.
- Let the tea cool down a bit until it becomes drinkable and then sip on it little by little for about half an hour or so. Try not the let the tea become cold.
- You should drink this tea every day at least once to get a clear and vibrant skin.
The roots of parsley detoxify the skin from within and help in clearing out the pores of our skin. This allows the skin to glow naturally and radiantly. Drinking this tea regularly every day will give you a lighter skin tone and will also help the skin in staying younger. This is very beneficial for people who are in the initial stages of premature ageing with fine lines and wrinkles.
- Consult a doctor to find out whether you are allergic to parsley or any of the other ingredients used in this article. There are a lot of alternatives present in this list which allow you the flexibility to try different remedies and procedures to find out which one suits you the best and gives the most benefits according to your body. Never use or repeat a remedy without proper observation regarding any unwanted body changes. You can also do a small test batch for a couple of days to ensure it is not adversely affecting your body.
- Always use fresh parsley leaves for the remedies and if you are using parsley seeds or dried parsley leaves brought from the market then look at the expiry dates printed on the products. Using low grade or expired ingredients can lead to severe complications.
- Try to drink the tea while it hot and steaming. Parsley tea not only becomes bitter when cold but also becomes useless as all the nutrients settle down and no longer can provide the desired benefits to the body as they had when hot. Also, never reheat the tea to make it warm again as it will make the tea even more bitter and unsuitable for drinking.
Parsley Tea is totally herbal and beneficial for the body. It has little to no side effects primarily caused by it but still, people can suffer some of these side effects after incorporating parsley tea in their diet.
- Nausea – A person starts feeling tired and sleepy after drinking the tea made using parsley. This especially happens if the routine of your eating has changed and you had to drink the tea at some other time than you are supposed to.
- Allergy – Some people are allergic to parsley and wouldn’t even know it. Such a person can suffer from redness, inflammation and red skin after consuming this tea regularly.
- Appetite Loss – Drinking too much parsley based tea in a day can lead to a loss in appetite as well. You would feel like you don’t want to eat anything anymore and would feel full always. This will leave the body deprived of the required energy and nutrients.
- Stomachache – Parsley tea can also be a cause of stomach aches in a lot of people. Typically those who are allergic to either parsley or in case they drank the tea too quickly while it was still hot.
You might find this article interesting Chia Seeds For Weight Loss – With Diet Plan And Recipes
Latest posts by Sri Krishan Singh (see all)
- 5 All-Natural Homemade Hair Dyes To Mask Gray Hairs And Improve Your Original Hair Color - March 13, 2019
- Top 4 Awesome Home Remedies For Fair Skin In One Week - March 4, 2019
- 5 sure shot home remedies to stop hair fall - March 2, 2019