Period Tips that Will Change Your Life Forever
Period issues are often difficult to deal with and to add to our woes they occur every month. Here are a few period tips that will change your life forever. Do try them in order to manage your menstrual cycle issues.
Use Hot Sock to Ease Period Cramps
If you are having unbearable period cramps and there is no hot bag at home, no need to worry. Use hot sock instead.
To Use Hot Sock
- Take a clean sock.
- Fill it with uncooked rice.
- Tie up the open end.
- Microwave it for a few minutes.
- The hot sock is ready to use.
Switch to Menstrual Cup
Menstrual cups are widely available these days. Use them instead of your regular pads or tampons.
Benefits of Using Menstrual Cup
- They are more comfortable to use than pads or tampons.
- Pads and tampons require to be changed every few hours. A menstrual cup can hold your blood for longer durations.
- Menstrual cups are cost-effective.
- Menstrual cups prevent the risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome.
- They also reduce the risk of leakage and staining.
During your periods, it is always essential to have a good diet. This will help with proper blood flow and will also keep you from falling ill.
Here are Some Tips
- Have protein-rich food items like the banana. This will keep you healthy and will also help to ease your cramps.
- Drink lots of fluids. Drinking water and other fluids like fruit juices help with the proper flow of blood and in turn, prevent cramps.
- Avoid sugar and junk food. These will only cause severe cramps and are also not good for your health.
- Have dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is known to reduce period cramps. Regular chocolates, however, will increase your cramps.
- Avoid caffeine. Too much caffeine is bad for your health. It also prevents proper blood flow and thus causes more painful cramps.
Try Foot Massage
Foot massage can help relieve period cramps. It can also provide relief from bloating and dizziness. It will help you fall asleep.
To Perform Foot Massage
- Locate the point about three fingers above your ankle bone.
- Use your thumb and fingers to massage this point.
Home Remedies to Ease Period Cramps
Lavender Oil and Coconut Oil Mixture
- Mix 3 to 4 drops of lavender oil with 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Apply this mixture onto your back and lower abdomen.
- Massage gently.
- This will provide you with relief from your cramps.
Tip- Adding a few drops of lavender oil in a diffuser and inhaling its vapours can help you fall asleep and provide relief.
Prepare Chamomile Tea
- Soak one chamomile tea bag in one cup of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Set it aside for half a minute.
- Add some honey to sweeten it.
- Drink this tea twice a day for at least one week before your period starts.
Prepare Green Tea
- Boil one teaspoon of green tea leaves in one cup of water.
- Once it’s boiled, leave it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea.
- Set it aside for another half a minute.
- Add honey to sweeten it.
- Drink this tea 3 to 4 times a day.
Latest posts by Priyanjali Bhattacharya (see all)
- 5 Natural Skin Care Remedies for Hyperpigmentation - January 30, 2019
- 5 Simple Home Remedies to Remove Any Type of Skin Spots from Your Face - January 28, 2019
- How to Get Rid of Plaque and Whiten Your Teeth Without Expensive Treatments - January 15, 2019