Studies Show Hair Dye Can Give You Cancer! Here Are 4 All Natural DIY Hair Color Recipes
Though we have a lot of modern ways to hide all those grey and white hairs, their usage can cause many side effects for us. Also, many studies have proved that the use of commercial hair dyes might even lead to cancer. So, it is always best to opt for natural ways using which we can dye our hair. Let us take a look at of those methods over here…
#1. Black Color Using Lemon And Coconut Oil
|Fresh lime juice||3 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, place a small bowl and add the given ingredients to it.
- Stir the mixture well using a spoon.
- Then start applying the mixture all over your hair and scalp.
- Also, gently massage your scalp using the fingertips for a few seconds.
- Now leave the mixture on your hair to get dry for about one hour.
- After that, rinse your hair with regular water and use a mild shampoo for washing your hair.
- Continue applying this oil mixture once per week regularly until you obtain the desired results.
#2. Darken Hair Color Using Dried Sage
|Sage leaves (dried)||1/2 to 1 cup|
|Distilled water||3/4 cup|
- Firstly, take a small bowl and add dried sage leaves into distilled water.
- Then stir the solution and boil it on a low flame for at least 30 minutes.
- Now remove the water from the heat and allow it to get cool down for some time.
- After that, strain the sage leaf extract leaving the residues behind.
- Now wash your hair thoroughly with regular water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Now take the sage leaf extract and slowly pour it all over your hair and scalp.
- Leave the sage extract to be there on your hair for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair with normal water and use a towel to dry it naturally.
- Rinse your hair using this water at least once per week to see some visible and effective changes in your hair color.
#3. Dark Brown Color Using Coffee
|Conditioner (any)||1/4 cup|
|Organic instant decaf coffee||4 tbsp|
- Take a bowl and add the given ingredients into it. Use any of your regular conditioners for this.
- Then mix the ingredients well until the coffee gets dissolved completely in the conditioner.
- Now take a dark-colored towel and put it around your shoulders to prevent any stains.
- Take the coffee mixture and start applying it all over your hair and scalp using the fingertips.
- Make sure that all your hair is covered with the mixture starting from the roots till the ends of your hair.
- Now wrap your hair and clip it at the top of your head.
- Leave the coffee mixture to be there on your hair for about one hour.
- Do not wait for too long duration more than this as it would make your hair to become extremely dry, and you will find difficulty while rinsing your hair.
- Now use the normal water and rinse your hair thoroughly for a couple of times.
- Initially, do this remedy continuously for about 2 days.
- Then repeat it once per week to get the desired and visible results on your hair.
#4. Burgundy Color Using Beet Juice
|Fresh beet juice||1/2 cup|
|Ginger extract||1 tbsp|
|Essential oil (any)||2 to 3 drops|
Essential Oil Options:
- Chamomile essential oil
- Jojoba essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Ylang Ylang sandalwood essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Firstly, take a small bowl and add the given ingredients one by one into it. Choose any essential oil from the given list and add it along with the mixture.
- Then mix the juice solution well using a spoon.
- Now start to apply the juice mixture all over your hair and scalp.
- Make sure that all your grey hairs are covered with the beet juice mixture.
- Then allow the mixture to be there on your hair for a few minutes until it becomes completely dry.
- Now rinse your hair with the regular water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Use it for about once per week to see the visible red glow on your hair.
#5. Dark Brown Color Using Cocoa Powder
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Agave syrup||1 tsp|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tsp|
|Plain Soya yogurt||1/2 cup|
- Firstly, put all the given ingredients one by one into a bowl.
- Now stir the mixture well using a spoon until it turns to a fine paste.
- Then rinse your hair and wash it thoroughly using a small amount of your regular shampoo.
- After that, pat it dry by squeezing out the excess water present in your hair.
- Now take the cocoa mixture and start applying it all over your hair and scalp using the fingertips.
- Then leave the mixture to be there on your hair for about 3 minutes.
- Finally, wash your hair with normal water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Also, use a dark towel on your hair if there is any leftover mask on your hair to prevent any stains.
- Use it for at least weekly once to get some effective results on your hair.
#6. Brown Color Using Henna Powder
|Henna powder||5 to 6 tbsp|
|Distilled water||As per the requirement|
|Petroleum jelly||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, take a bowl and add the henna powder into it.
- Then add the required amount of water and stir it well until it turns to a fine paste.
- Now place the henna paste aside for about 2 hours.
- Take the petroleum jelly and apply it on your ears and face to prevent any stains.
- Then wear the gloves and divide your hair into a few small sections.
- Start applying the henna paste all over your hair and scalp using the applicator brush.
- Cover your hair using a shower cap and leave it to get dry for about one hour.
- Rinse your hair well with the regular water.
- While rinsing, gently massage your scalp and hair with the applied paste for a few seconds.
- Finally, use a small amount of your regular conditioner and rinse your hair with water.
- Apply it once per month to prevent grey hairs.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019
- Amazing DIY Beauty Tips With Lemons - October 30, 2019