That Glow, Though: Amazing Highlighting Tips for Darker Skin Tones
Makeup is girls’ best friend. It can make them feel confident about themselves. Perfecting makeup is an art in itself as it comes with zillion steps. The one that we find the most challenging is a highlighter. Choosing the one that suits your skin type and apply it in a way that it looks balanced can be really tough. Here are some tips that you can follow in order to perfect your highlighter game!
Identify Your Skin Type
There are different skin types that exist. Oily, dry, combination and normal. All of them require different consistencies of highlighter. Dry skin can easily use a creamy highlighter, whereas the highlighter for oily skin can be little powdered and normal with whatever you are comfortable with. However, things become a tad bit more difficult as there are different complexions that exist too. Your complexion also helps in choosing the kind of highlighter that you can use on your skin.
To choose the exact highlighter that would suit your complexion, you must swatch it on your jawline or your face instead of your hands.
Choose The Right Shade
The right shade is what helps in making a face look like a piece of art. Picking the wrong shade of highlighter can make dark skin tones look ashy or chalky.
There are a lot of highlighters available in the market. All you have to do is pick the right shade by swatching it on your jawline or trying it on your face. When it comes to dark skin tones, golden highlighters work the best. Silvery or pink shades can look a bit dull. It is perfect for someone with a lighter skin tone.
Perfect the Application
You might end up buying the perfect highlighter, but if you don’t know how to use it on your skin, it can all go to waste. There is a proper method that you must follow when it comes to using a highlighter to get your best looks.
How To Use Highlighter
Step by step method:
- Begin by prepping your base using foundation and concealer. This will help in enhancing the points to be highlighted.
- Pick up some of the product on your brush, dab to remove excess and apply it on your cheekbones.
- Start by sweeping it from top to inwards.
- Take some on your fingers and apply it on the bridge of your nose.
- Sweep it right at the centre of your forehead starting from your hairline towards your eyebrows.
- Use some of it on the insides of your eyes, on the corner and finish by applying some on the highest point of your lips.
Things you will need:
|Almond Oil||1 tbsp|
|Mica Powder||1 Tsp|
|Shea Butter||2 Tsp|
- Begin by taking beeswax and shea butter in a glass bowl.
- Using the double boiler method, melt the ingredients.
- Once done, mix it with almond oil and mica powder.
- Now, transfer it in a glass container.
- Leave it to settle for 24 hours.
- To use, take some on your fingers and apply it on your face to highlight those points.
The story of my life- I hate writing, I love having written- Dorothy Parker
Latest posts by Vani Kambali (see all)
- Turn White Hair Into Black naturally Using this amazing Home Remedy - December 5, 2019
- Tips on Making Cleanser for Your Skin Type - December 4, 2019
- 4 Homemade Remedies That Will Give You The Pink Lips You Have Always Desired - December 4, 2019