The Best DIY Self Tanner for Fair Skin
Although people spend a lot of bucks to remove tan, self-tanning has become a recent trend, especially among the people who have fair skin. There are a few natural DIY self-tanning methods which are suitable for the fair skin tone. Let us have a look at a few homemade self-tanner recipes…
#1. Beeswax And Shea Butter Tanner
|Shea Butter||1/4 cup|
|Coconut Oil||1/2 cup|
|Cocoa Powder||6 tbsp|
|Cocoa Butter||1/4 cup|
|Golden Mica Powder||1/2 tbsp|
|Essential oil (any)||20 drops|
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and add the Shea butter, cocoa butter and Beeswax into it.
- Then start to boil the ingredients on a low flame for a few minutes. Wait until the butter mixture gets melted down completely.
- Once the mixture gets melted, remove it from the heat.
- Then add the cocoa powder, golden mica powder and any essential oil of your own choice into the melted butter mixture.
- Now use a spoon and whip the ingredients well for a few seconds until it turns to a creamy paste.
- Then place the obtained mixture in the refrigerator and allow it to get cool down for about 30 minutes.
- After that, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and whip it well once again for about 8 minutes using a spoon.
- Finally, put the obtained cream into a clean mason jar and store it for future use.
- Take a small amount of this cream and start applying it all over your body every day.
- Start using this self-tanner cream once every day whenever going out in the Sun to get some impressive results on your skin.
- Also, prefer using it after exfoliating your skin properly.
#2. Cocoa Powder And White Lotion Tanner
|Unscented white lotion||1/2 cup|
|Pure cocoa powder||1/3 cup|
- Firstly, take one small mixing bowl and add the unscented white lotion into it.
- Then, add the pure cocoa powder into the mixing bowl containing the white lotion.
- Now, take a fork and start to mix the ingredients well for a couple of times. Make sure that there are no lumps present inside the obtained lotion mixture after mixing them.
- Continue mixing the ingredients well until you obtain the desired shade in the lotion.
- Also, prefer adjusting the levels of cocoa powder based on the shade you prefer for. The shade of the obtained lotion will appear lighter when applied on the skin when compared to its appearance when placed in the bowl.
- After that, take a small amount of this lotion and start applying it all over your body smoothly.
- Continue applying this self-tanning lotion once every day regularly to see some visible changes in your skin.
- Put the remaining cream into an airtight container and store it for future use.
#3. Black Tea Tanner
|Black Tea||4 bags|
|Boiling Water||2 cups|
|Sponge or Spray Bottle||1|
- Firstly, take one large pot and fill it with normal water.
- Then start to boil the water for a few minutes until the first boil.
- After that, remove the pot from the heat and place it aside.
- Now take the black tea bags and put them inside the boiled hot water kept in the pot.
- Leave the black tea bags to steep inside the hot water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, allow the black tea solution to get cool down for a few minutes.
- Once it reaches a warm and bearable temperature you can start using it on your skin.
- You can prefer using either the sponge technique or the spray technique.
- For sponge technique, take a sponge and soak it completely inside the black tea solution.
- Then start rubbing the solution all over your skin using the sponge.
- Or you can take a spray bottle and fill it with the black tea solution.
- Then start spraying the solution all over your body and then start to rub the solution using your hands evenly all over your skin.
- After that, wait for the applied solution to get dry completely on your skin.
- Do not wear your dress before the solution becomes completely dry to prevent any stains on your clothes.
- Also, you can re-apply the solution based on the darkness of the shade you prefer to obtain on your skin.
- Apply this tanning solution all over your body whenever you require it.
#4. Baking Cocoa And Frankincense Essential Oil Tanner
|Unscented good quality lotion||1 cup|
|Frankincense essential oil (optional)||8 to 10 drops|
|Baking cocoa||1 to 2 tbsp|
- Firstly, fill take a mixing bowl and add the baking cocoa and unscented good quality body lotion into it.
- Then start to whisk the ingredients well using a spoon until it turns to a creamy paste.
- Make sure that there are no lumps present inside this cocoa mixture kept in the bowl.
- Then add the Frankincense essential oil into the cocoa mixture kept in the bowl.
- Stir the mixture again well using a spoon for a few seconds.
- Then put this cream into an air-tight container and store it in a dry place for future use.
- Take a small amount of this cream and apply it gently all over your body.
- After that, leave it to get dry completely on your skin.
- Use this cream on your body whenever you require it.
#5. Black Tea And Vanilla Extract Tanner
|Hot water||4 ounces|
|Black tea||2 bags|
|Vanilla extract||3/4 tsp|
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and add the vanilla extract and hot water into it.
- Then add the black tea bags into the vanilla extract water kept in the bowl.
- Allow the tea bags to steep inside the water for about 10 minutes.
- Then remove the tea bags and stir the ingredients well.
- Allow the tea mixture to get cool down for about 30 minutes.
- Now pour the tea solution in a spray bottle and start spraying it all over your body.
- Then leave the sprayed tea mixture to dry for a few minutes.
- Also, store this solution in the refrigerator for future use.
- Use this solution whenever you require it.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019