This Coconut Oil and Lemon Mixture Can Help Gray Hair Return to Its Natural Color
Grey hair can be due to many factors, one of them being the lack of a protein called melanin. Melanin is not only responsible for the colour of your hair but it also leads to stronger and healthier hair. Lack of melanin can lead to hair fall and damaged hair.
Regular use of chemical-based dyes not only damage your hair but also lead to hair fall and hair loss. The best way to get rid of grey hair is using a natural remedy which not only helps hair to regain its natural colour but also adds a shine to it. Coconut oil and lemon juice have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help to fight bacteria and fungus that might lead to the weakening of hair or cause damage to the scalp.
Ever wondered, why does the hair turn grey and lose its natural colour?
With increasing age, the pigment cells which are responsible for the colour of the hair die out. We tend to ignore these early signs of hair weakening and fail to take care of these pigment cells. With a decrease in these cells, the health of the hair is also affected. If you take proper care of your pigment cells and keep your scalp nourished, you would be blessed with beautiful and long hair without worrying about it turning to a dull grey.
Major reasons behind the hair turning grey include :
- Genetic Disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Nutritional deficiency
- Excessive use of hair straighteners or blow dryers
- 50 ml of pure coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Squeeze 3 teaspoons of juice from a freshly cut medium sized lemon in a bowl.
- Pour about 50 ml of pure coconut oil in the bowl.
- Mix both the ingredients together and stir well.
- Moisten your hair slightly.
- Apply the mixture to your hair ensuring that it covers all your hair strands.
- Leave the mixture for about an hour or so.
- Rinse off the mixture using a mild shampoo and a conditioner.
- Nothing good happens if you just do it once, hence, repeat the process once to twice a week for best results.
Lemon juice and coconut oil turn out to be a great combination to get rid of grey hair. This natural remedy not only helps to get rid of grey hair but also allows the hair to get back to its natural colour. It adds strength to your hair and smoothens your hair.
Coconut oil, rich in anti-microbial properties, lauric acid and medium-chain fatty acids, helps to regrow hair. Also, this is a great remedy when it comes to hair fall-related issues. It can also be used to prevent hair thinning as it helps to add a volume to your hair and boosts hair growth.
Lemon juice, on the other hand, is rich in vitamin C, Vitamin B and phosphorus which helps to nourish the hair and adds a silky texture to it.
Loves it when life rhymes with love.
Always is in a great dilemma whether to accept his fear of missing out or to give in to his fear of being let down.
Latest posts by Divyanshu Abhineet (see all)
- This Coconut Oil and Lemon Mixture Can Help Gray Hair Return to Its Natural Color - February 27, 2019
- Make Dye to Color Your Hair Naturally Fast - February 21, 2019
- Scar Removal: Natural Remedies To Support Effective Cell Growth Minimize Scar Tissue And Create Healthy Skin. - February 21, 2019