Turn Grey Hair into Black Hair Naturally with Potato Peels
Gray hair is an indication of old age. This might seem a natural thing to happen but not for people who are not generally old but are having gray hairs still. There are different treatments and products which make the gray hair black and even help a person in dyeing the hair black. But that is a very temporary solution and ends up damaging the scalp as well. Here are a couple of ways by which you can color the hair black using just potatoes at home.
Potato Hair Mask
- Potatoe peels (of 6-7 potatoes)
- Lemon Juice
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Take the peels from 6 or 7 potatoes and wash them with water in a big bowl.
- Add about half a gallon of water in the bowl and then boil the potato peels for about half an hour or so until they become soft.
- Add a tablespoon each of lemon juice and aloe vera gel in the solution and boil them as well for a couple of minutes. The mix of lemon and aloe vera will not only stimulate the scalp and make the hair follicles younger but will also make it softer and younger.
- Remove the solution away from heat and let it cool down to room temperature for a few minutes. Strain the liquid and keep the peels aside.
- Grind the potato skin in a blender to make a thick paste. You can add more water if needed.
- Apply this paste on your hair and spread it evenly across using your fingers and then massage the scalp for a bit as well. Exfoliation is the key step in this process.
- Leave the paste to dry out completely and form a solid layer on your hair. Wash it off using lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy two to three times a week to get the best results.
- Potato Peels
- Essential Oil
- Peel about 6-7 medium sized potatoes and collect their peels in a bowl.
- Keep a big bowl of water over medium heat until it starts boiling and then adds the peels in it. Let the potato peels boil for about 25 minutes over the heat and then remove it away from heat for about 15 minutes to allow it cool down to room temperature and steep the starch from the peels a little better.
- Use a cheesecloth or big strainer to strain the peels from the water and collect in a big bowl.
- Wash your hair normally with a shampoo and conditioner mix and then part the hair in as many different sections as you can.
- Take a section of hair and pour the potato-peels water over it until it gets coated completely with the water. Collect the excess water below in a separate bowl for future use.
- Repeat the process until all your hair is completely coated and then massage the scalp a bit to induce the stimulation of the pores.
- Leave the solution applied for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it away using cold water and a clean towel. Don’t rub your head too strongly.
- Repeat this process two to three times a week depending on the length of your hair and the intensity of grey hair present on your head will reduce.
Latest posts by Sri Krishan Singh (see all)
- How to use the Turmeric To Get Fair Skin, Glow and Acne Control - March 28, 2019
- Get Rid of Grey Hair With This Remedy for Shining Hair - March 23, 2019
- 5 All-Natural Homemade Hair Dyes To Mask Gray Hairs And Improve Your Original Hair Color - March 13, 2019