What is PMS? Effective Home Remedies to treat it
PMS refers to the premenstrual syndrome which occurs about one or weeks before their periods occur. This will lead to some changes in the body, both physically and mentally. There are a few remedies to cure this syndrome. Let us have a look at a few of those natural remedies.
#1. Ginger Roots And Sugar
|Ginger roots||1/2 tsp|
|Regular water||1 cup|
|White sugar||As per the requirement|
- Firstly, take the ginger roots and put them into a blender or a mixer.
- Then start grind it until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Now add the ginger paste into a vessel/bowl and add the regular water into it.
- After that, start boiling the water kept in the bowl for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now switch off the boiler and remove the bowl from the heat.
- After that, add some sugar into the bowl and start stirring it well using a spoon.
- Now divide the ginger tea into three equal parts.
- Then start drinking the ginger tea before having your meals.
- Drink the ginger tea for about 3 times per day regularly for about 1 or 2 months.
- Also, prefer drinking this tea after having your meal.
#2. Cinnamon Powder And Raw Honey
|Cinnamon powder||1 tbsp|
|Raw honey||1 tsp|
|Warm water||1 glass|
- Firstly, take about one glass and fill it with warm water.
- Then add the cinnamon powder and raw honey into the glass filled with warm water.
- Stir the water mixture well using a spoon until the ingredients get dissolved well in the water.
- After that, start consuming this cinnamon water regularly in empty stomach.
- Repeat consuming this once per day regularly to see some visible changes in your body.
- Also, prefer consuming them as the first thing after waking up in the morning to see some effective results.
#3. Fresh Aloe Vera Gel And Raw Honey
|Fresh aloe vera leaf||1|
|Raw honey||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, take about one fresh aloe vera leaf and cut it into two equal halves using a knife.
- Then extract the fresh aloe vera gel and place it in a small mixing bowl.
- Now add the raw honey into the aloe vera gel kept in the bowl.
- After that, start mixing the aloe vear gel mixture using a spoon.
- Now start consuming this fresh aloe gel mixture in the morning.
- Continue consuming this once per day regularly for about 3 months to see some visible changes in your body.
- Also, prefer consuming this fresh aloe mix before having your breakfast in the morning to see some effective results.
- Make sure that you do not consume this aloe mixture when you are having your periods.
#4. Sesame Seeds And Jaggery
|Sesame seeds||1 handful|
- Firstly, take the sesame seeds and place them in a saucepan.
- Then heat the saucepan until the seeds get roasted well for a few minutes.
- Now remove the seeds from the heat and put the roasted seeds into a grinder or a mixer.
- After that, add the jaggery into the grinder or mixer along with the roasted sesame seeds.
- Then start to grind the sesame mixture until it turns to a fine powder.
- Start consuming one tbsp of this sesame powder every day.
- Repeat consuming about 1 tbsp every day on an empty stomach for a couple of months.
- Prefer consuming this during the second phase of your menstrual cycle regularly for a couple of months
- Also, you can consume the jaggery alone as it would also offer effective results during the menstruation cycle.
#5. Fenugreek Seeds And Fresh Lime Juice
|Fresh Lemon juice||1 tsp|
|Raw honey||1 tsp|
|Fenugreek Seeds||1 tsp|
|Normal water||1 cup|
- Firstly, take a saucepan and add the normal water into it.
- Then add the fenugreek seeds into the water kept in the saucepan.
- Now start to heat the fenugreek mixture kept in the saucepan.
- Once the water gets boiled for a few minutes, reduce the flame while continuing heating for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- After that, remove the fenugreek water from the heat.
- Then use a strainer or a filter to strain the fenugreek water in a separate bowl.
- Now allow the fenugreek water to get cool down for some time.
- After that, add the raw honey and fresh lime juice into the fenugreek water kept in the bowl.
- Then use a spoon and start to stir the mixture well for a few seconds.
- After that, start consuming this fenugreek water regularly for a couple of months.
- Continue drinking this fenugreek water for about 2 to 3 times per day regularly to get some effective results during your menstrual cycle.
#6. Red Clover And Mint Tea
|Regular water||3 to 4 cups|
|Red clovers (stems removed)||1 handful|
|Large mint leaves||5 to 6|
|Raw honey (optional)||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, take the red clovers and start washing it to remove all the unwanted impurities present in it.
- Then dry it and ensure it that they are free from the dirt and insects.
- Now take fresh mint leaves and rinse them well with normal water.
- After that, place the washed mint leaves and start to clap them in between your hands.
- Then start to gently bruise the mint leaves for flavoring of the tea.
- Now take a bowl and add the normal water into it.
- Then start to boil the water for a few minutes and remove it from the heat.
- After that, add the freshly bruised mint leaves and dried red clover into the boiled water.
- Now leave the mint leaves and clover to steep in the water for about 5 to 6 minutes. Then, the water would turn green which means that the tea is ready.
- Now add the raw honey into the tea solution and mix well for a sweet taste to the tea solution and consume it.
Note: If the flavor of red clover is more, then prefer adding more mint leaves in the tea.
- Start consuming this tea once per day to get rid of the effects of PMS during your periods.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- 5 Anti-Aging Plants That Are Better Than Botox - September 11, 2019
- How to Regulate Irregular Periods with these Easy Home Remedies - September 10, 2019
- DIY Face Mask For Glowing, Gorgeous Skin - September 4, 2019