Why does your hair turn grey? 5 Effective Home Remedies
The premature greying of hair can occur due to various reasons. These can include both the internal and the external factors like dirt, pollution as well as improper diet, lifestyle and hormonal changes. But then, our grey hair can be reversed into black hair using some natural homemade remedies. Let us have a look at a few of those remedies…
#1. Cocoa Powder And Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
|Agave syrup||1 tsp|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 tsp|
|Plain Soya yogurt||1/2 cup|
- Firstly, take a small mixing bowl and start adding the mentioned ingredients one by one into it.
- After that mix the ingredients in the bowl using a spoon until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Now take a small amount of your regular shampoo and start to wash your hair well.
- Then remove the excess water present in your hair using a bath towel and dry it.
- After that, take the prepared cocoa paste and apply it all over your hair and scalp using your fingertips.
- Let the applied cocoa paste be there on your hair and scalp for about 3 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair and scalp with regular water and dry it using a bath towel. While drying, make sure that you use a dark-coloured towel to prevent it from any stains.
- Start using this cocoa paste remedy once per week to see some visible changes in the color of your hair.
#2. Darken Hair Color Using Dried Sage
|Dried Sage leaves||1/2 to 1 cup|
|Regular water||3/4 cup|
- Take a small mixing bowl and add the regular water and the dried sage leaves into it.
- After that, stir the sage solution and heat it for about 30 minutes.
- Now switch off the burner and allow the solution to get cool down for some time.
- Use a strainer to strain the extracts in a small bowl.
- Rinse your hair well with normal water and dry it using a towel.
- After that, start to pour the sage extract all over your hair and scalp.
- Let the extracts be for about 15 minutes on your hair.
- Do the final rinse with normal water and pat it dry with a towel.
- Continue to use this water at least once per week to obtain the desired results on your hair color.
#3. Potato And Essential Oil Mix
|Essential oil (any)||2 to 3 drops|
|Regular water||1 pot|
- Firstly, start to peel the outer skin layer of the potatoes using a knife.
- Fill a bowl with regular water and put the potato peels into it.
- Now switch on the burner and heat the water.
- When the water starts boiling, turn the burner to a low flame and heat it for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Then switch off the burner and leave the water to get cool down.
- Now, strain the potato-peel extracts in a separate bowl.
- Pour any essential oil of your choice into the potato water and mix it well using a spoon.
- Wash your hair normally with regular water and start pouring the potato-solution all over your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp using the fingertips and leave it to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, shampoo your hair and wash it with normal water.
- Use it for about several times per week regularly to obtain some visible changes in your hair.
#4. Black Tea Remedy
|Black tea leaves||2 tbsp|
|Regular water||1/2 cup|
- Firstly, take a large mixing bowl and fill it with regular water.
- Keep the bowl on a low flame and start heating it.
- Take the black tea leaves and put them in the hot water bowl and leave it for a few minutes.
- Once it gets boiled, remove it from heat and place it aside for a few minutes.
- Use a filter and strain the black tea in a separate bowl.
- Now shampoo your hair and scalp as you do normally and rinse it well with regular water.
- Now take the prepared black tea and start pouring it all over your hair and scalp.
- Let the black tea stay on your hair for a few hours till it dries. Remember not to wash your hair with regular water after this process.
- Repeat using this 2 times per week regularly to get rid of all the grey hairs.
#5. Curry Leaves And Fenugreek Seeds For Black Color
|Indian gooseberry Powder||1/2 cup|
|Curry Leaves (powdered)||4 tsp|
|Coconut Oil||250 ml|
|Fenugreek seeds (powdered)||4 tsp|
- Firstly, boil a bowl containing the coconut oil on a low flame.
- Later, add the fenugreek, amla and curry leaves powders into the hot coconut oil kept in the bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients using a spoon and remove it from the heat.
- Leave the mixture undisturbed for about 24 hours.
- Now put the mixture on a cheesecloth or a strainer and strain the oil separately in a small bowl.
- After that, take a small amount of this oil and start applying it all over your hair and scalp using your fingertips.
- Then leave the oil to be there on your hair until it gets absorbed. Make sure that you don’t wash your hair after applying the oil with shampoo or regular water.
- Continue using this hair oil for about 2 times per week regularly to see some impressive results on your hair.
#6. Lime Juice And Coconut Oil Remedy
|Fresh lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||500 ml|
- Take one small mixing bowl and add the coconut oil and fresh lime juice into it.
- Stir the ingredients well using a spoon for a couple of times.
- After that, start applying this coconut oil mixture all over your hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp gently with the applied oil mixture using your fingertips.
- Let the mixture stay on your hair for about more than one hour.
- Then start to shampoo your hair and rinse with normal water.
- Continue to use this oil mixture once per week regularly until you notice some visible changes in your hair color.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Milk Powder Pack for Face Whitening | Get Fair Skin Instantly - September 30, 2019
- Hate your unwanted facial hair? Embarrassing, we know! Here are six at-home ways to remove them fast - September 25, 2019
- Say Good-Bye To Your Frizzy, Gray Hair And Watch Them Grow Healthy. - September 25, 2019