Winter DIY beauty tips that even the stars love
Have you ever wondered about the shiny and glowing skin of the top stars and models? The most interesting fact is that they have a radiant glow in their skin even during the winters. Though the winters make us feel happy, such weather is literally a great enemy when it comes to our skin. You would obviously be eager to know the skincare routine that the stars follow for taking care of their skin at such times. There are a few natural ways by which you can take care of your skin and get such shiny glow during winter without any dryness. Let us have a look at them.
#1. Floral-Infused Winter Body Oil
|Dried calendula petals or dried chamomile flowers||1/4 cup|
|Sweet Almond oil||1 cup|
|Dried rose petals||1/4 cup|
|Lavender flowers/buds||2 tbsp|
|Vitamin E oil||12 drops|
- Firstly, take a medium-sized glass bowl and put the dried herbs into it
- Then add the sweet almond oil into the bowl over the herbs.
- Now take a saucepan and fill it with distilled water.
- Then place the bowl filled with oil and herbs on the water kept in the saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan and leave the oil to infuse with the herbs for about 1 hour.
- Make sure that the oil is not heated too much which makes the herbs to burn.
- Then remove the herbs from the heat and wait for a few seconds to cool down.
- Now strain the oil using a strainer or cheesecloth into a bowl leaving the residues aside.
- Repeat the same straining process for about 2 to 3 times continuously to get rid of the dried herbs in the oil.
- Now pour the floral-infused oil into a small bottle.
- Then add the vitamin E oil into the oil kept in the bottle.
- Store this oil at a dark place for longer shelf life.
- Start applying this oil all over your body to prevent dryness issues.
- Also, gently massage your skin for a few seconds after applying the oil on your body.
- Use it twice per day regularly on your skin to get better results.
- Also, this oil will last for about one year and can be used whenever you want it.
#2. Almond Oil Winter Body Cream
|Almond oil||1 tbsp|
|Rose water||2 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, take a boiler and add the coconut oil and almond oil into it.
- Then heat the oil kept in the boiler for a few minutes such that it gets blended well.
- Now remove the oil mixture from the heat and add the other ingredients into it.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon and store this cream in an airtight container for longer shelf life.
- Take a small amount of this cream and apply it all over your face and body.
- Prefer applying this cream before going to bed and leave it to be there on your skin for overnight.
- Use this cream every day regularly to get better and effective results.
#3. Shea Butter Winter Body Lotion
|Shea butter||1/2 cup|
|Lavender oil||5 to 10 drops|
|Olive oil or Jojoba oil||2 tbsp|
|Frankincense oil||5 to 10 drops|
- Firstly, take a saucepan and fill it with distilled water.
- Then place a mason jar on the water kept int he saucepan and heat the pan.
- Now add the Shea butter and jojoba oil into the mason jar kept inside the pan.
- Wait until the butter and oil melt down completely and also stir the mixture as it melts.
- After that, pour the melted butter mixture into a small bowl.
- Now place this bowl containing the butter mixture in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Once the butter mixture gets solidified, remove it from the refrigerator.
- Then use a mixer and whip the solidified mixture well.
- After that add the essential oil drops into the mixture and mix it again.
- Take a small amount of this lotion and start applying it all over your body.
- Prefer applying this lotion before going to sleep and leave it to get dry for overnight.
- Use this lotion for about once or twice per day regularly to see some visible changes in your skin.
- Also, use it whenever you face dryness issues in your skin.
#4. Coffee And Cocoa Face Mask
|Raw Honey||1 tbsp|
|Coffee grounds||1 tbsp|
|Cocoa powder||1 tbsp|
|Raw milk||1 tbsp|
- Firstly, take a small bowl and add the coffee powder and cocoa powder into it.
- Mix both the powders together well using a spoon.
- Then add the raw honey and raw milk into the powder mixture kept in the bowl.
- Now start to mix the ingredients well using a spoon until it turns to a fine paste.
- Then apply the coffee paste all over your facial skin using the fingertips.
- Allow the mask on your face to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your face with normal water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- This face pack is mostly suitable for those with dry skin type to prevent excessive dryness during the winter season.
- Repeat using this once in 2 days regularly to get some effective results on your skin.
#5. Beeswax Moisturizing Lip Balm
|Shea butter||1 tsp|
|Grated beeswax||1 tsp|
|Raw honey||1/2 tsp|
|Coconut oil||1 tsp|
|Lavender or Vanilla essential oil||3 drops|
|Empty lip balm tube||1|
- Firstly, take a small bowl and add the shea butter, coconut oil and grated beeswax into it.
- Now take a saucepan and fill it with distilled water and boil it.
- Then place the bowl containing the butter and wax mixture on the water inside the saucepan.
- Wait until all the ingredients in the bowl get melted down completely.
- Now remove the bowl from heat and switch off the burner.
- Then add raw honey and essential oils into the melted mixture kept in the bowl.
- Now pour the melted wax mixture into an empty lip balm tube.
- Place the lip balm tube in the refrigerator for about 10 to 15 minutes for the melted mixture to solidify.
- Now start applying this lip balm on your dried lips.
- Use this lip balm on your lip balms whenever your lips become dry.
Latest posts by Tharaa Nagendran (see all)
- Permanent Facial Hair Removal From Chin, Upper Lip, Legs with Egg - November 27, 2019
- CLEAR ACNE WITH TEA TREE OIL MASK - October 30, 2019
- How to Make Vitamin E Day Cream and Night Cream for Younger Looking, Fair & Glowing Skin - October 30, 2019