You Can Whiten Your Teeth With Baking Soda By Simply Following These 3 Methods!
Flawless and white teeth are a requisite when it comes to confidence and maintaining one’s image. People spend a huge sum of money at the dentists in order to get whiter teeth. What if I were to tell you that you could get the same results you would from a dental treatment, at home in a low budget? A compound called Sodium Bicarbonate, also known as Baking soda, is known to give you whiter teeth by removing any plaque formation on teeth enamel. A whitish powder, Baking soda is used in cooking bread and cakes mostly. It is also known to treat conditions like heartburns, canker sores, and insect bites. Some people even use it as a deodorant by patting some of this powder on the area under arms. Baking soda is surprisingly high in nutritional value and it can also decrease the risk of acid attacks and diarrhoea. Here is how you can use Baking soda to get flawlessly white teeth at home.
Baking soda and water paste
- 2 tbsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp water
- Using the ingredients mentioned above, make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth thoroughly with it. Rinse properly.
- Repeat the process a few times a week for best result.
- Baking soda acts as a natural bleaching agent and it kills the bacteria in your mouth.
- It freshens the breath by killing microbes responsible for bad breath.
- Baking soda neutralizes the environment of your mouth which prevents the growth of bacteria that cause decay.
- It is mildly abrasive in nature and so it helps remove any plaque covering from tooth enamel.
- The thorough scrubbing action of this paste whitens teeth and makes them stronger.
Baking soda with lemon
- 1 tbsp of Baking soda
- A few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Make a paste from the ingredients mentioned above and apply it directly to teeth.
- Leave the paste for a few minutes, letting it dry.
- Rinse properly with cold water.
- Repeat the process every alternate day for best results.
- The vitamin C present in lemon juice helps strengthen gums and fight bacteria causing tooth decay.
- The baking soda acts as a bleach and exfoliator. It removes plaque from the enamel of the tooth.
- It gives teeth a natural shine and removes stains.
Hydrogen peroxide and Baking soda mixture
- 1 tsp of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- A few drops of water
- Using the ingredients mentioned above, make a paste of the same consistency as that of your toothpaste.
- Using a brush, spread it on your teeth and leave it to dry for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly as even small amounts of hydrogen peroxide can be lethal if ingested.
- Repeat the process a few times a month for the best results.
- Hydrogen peroxide acts as an anti-bacterial mouthwash and kills the germs that cause decay of tooth.
- The baking soda removes any stains and marks on teeth. It cleans plaque and calcium deposits too, giving you white teeth.
Latest posts by Sharmistha Jha (see all)
- Best Tea Tree Acne Treatment – Tea Tree oil Cream - December 5, 2018
- 10 Misconceptions About Women’s Health That Can Have Serious Consequences - November 29, 2018
- You Can Whiten Your Teeth With Baking Soda By Simply Following These 3 Methods! - November 22, 2018